Pages

8/20/2013

Concannon Wines in the Middle of Walla Walla, WA thx to BzzAgent!

Concannon Cabernet Sauvignong and beautiful orchid!

And I finally got my package from BzzAgent which consisted of mail-in rebate coupons for Concannon wines and cute magnetic picture frame. I already wrote about BzzAgent here. I really like this program because every once in a while I have a chance to try different products that I didn't even know that they exist.
Coupons, one for you and rest for your friends. Cute frame on right.



To be honest with you I was a little bit nervous to go to the store and buy Californian wine in the middle of Walla Walla Valley which is famous for it's wineries and great, but truly great wines.

But I decided to do it and went to one of the two stores who hold Concannon wines in Walla Walla and I was a bit disappointed because the only Concannon wine they had was 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon which is their cheaper wine, and I really don't remember when was the last time I had $10 wine. But, I didn't have a choice. So I decided to pick up other Cab Sauv within the same price range to make a blind tasting and to be able to compare it with the other similar wine.

And I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I expected. Concannon Cab Sauv is really light red wine, it would be great for nice fruity sangria, because it has that nice fruity taste. We also tried it with some cheese and Food Should Taste Good chips that I also got from BzzAgent as a part of different campaign and we really liked it with it too. I decided to use the rest of the wine for my bolognese sauce and it worked out wonderfully!
If you are interested in buying this wine I would also suggest you to try it with some fish or seafood. Seafood and lemon risotto would taste great with this wine, as well as different chicken and vegetable dishes.

If you would like me to make any of the dishes I mentioned before and to do blog post about that please let me know and I love different challenges! :D

I ended up making moussaka with that bolognese sauce and it was really really good! Recipe some other time because I forgot to take the pictures during the cooking :D

To conclude, I would really like to try some other Concannon wine, especially their Petite Sirah because I'm a big fan of that variety! And even though I live in the middle of Pacific Northwest wine region I appreciate having something different every once in a while so I was really happy when I've got those coupons for Concannon wines from BzzAgent. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised!

Here are the links for BzzAgent and for Concannon you have to be 21 to visit Concannon web page

No comments:

Post a Comment